May 28, 2010

Invention of the year! Maybe not but check it out

A while back Lisa and I though it was a good idea to buy a generator to go with the camper and to use at charity events. Also its just a good thing to have in case of a sustained power outage... I have friends in NH who were glad to borrow it last year! The problem is the damn thing is heavy as hell even more so when filled with fuel its not an easy one man lift. Once Lisa and I started using it at the relay for life we realized it was a nightmare dragging this 150lbs generator across a 100yard football field. Something had to be done.
Make with the rippling lines its time for some back story... My old man loves to tinker... so much so that a few years back he felt the engine idol on my practically brand new lawn mower was too high and while attempting to tinker it down, broke the throttle body completely.
It was not fun going out to mow my lawn and finding my mower in pieces. He did get it back together and after some rigging it did work again but never the same. After a couple of seasons the rigging kept having to be redone and improved until final wouldn't work anymore... my farther agreed to replace the mower he broke and he bought a new lawn mower but the old one sat out in the yard as a memorial to my dad to not tinker with things that were not his. Ok re-ripple to our current time.
Have you already gathered what I've done? Well I'm going to tell you anyways... I realized why waste a perfectly good mower deck with wheels and such when I could use it...
I introduce for the world to see... The "Gener-Mower"... Wait maybe it should be the The "Lawn-Erator" Ah what ever you want to call it.. I call it easier to move!

Ok… Invention of there year… Maybe not but it works and it rolls over grass like it was meant too…  Bring on that football field!