January 29, 2011

IVF JOURNEY

Well as some of you may know Parnell and I have been trying to have a little bundle of joy for a few years. It has been a very frustrating and discouraging and heart wrenching few years. But all of these feelings have changed. Back in November I decided to try and get a hold of my fertility doc. Well after messages and more messages left, I received a call back saying that the doctor wanted to see me in her office to discuss more test and blah blah blah. I had enough of the run around and became frustrated, so I looked to find a new fresh set of eyes and ears. On November 19th I meet a new doctor. She was really nice and listened to everything I had to say and when I was done she looked at me and said "wow, you and your hubby have been through hell" She then went on to say that she wasn't going to put me through a battery of test and running around and that she felt the best option would be to do IVF (In-vitro fertilization) and set me up with blood work. She did however want me to go through one test just to make everything down there was looking good and healthy. Below is a list of everything that has happened since that meeting. I truly feel that Dr.Plante is going to be our angel and give us the bundle of joy Parnell and I have longed for so long...


Nov 19th Meet with our new Dr. :)

Nov 22nd Cycle day 1

Nov 24th Cycle day 3 Blood work

Dec 2nd Sonohystrogram Also Day Cycle day 11

Dec 22nd Cycle day 1 (cycle 31 days)

Jan 11th Started Lupron 10 units for two weeks---suppressive meds

Jan 27th Cycle Day 1 (cycle 37 days due to Lupron)

Jan 28th Internal Ultra sound..Left Ovary looking dominate :)

Jan 29th Started Lupron 5 units in the AM and 187.5 IU of Gonal---stimuli drugs in PM

Feb 1st Blood work...