September 28, 2008

It has begun...

Well as most of you already know we are going to be doing infertility route for our child barren ways. Well one of the things that needs to happen in order for us to do this is I (Lisa) need to loose some weight. Oh fun you may say, most of you all know me and have see me and know that i have been heavy pretty much my whole life. Well until recently we thought it was just because I was lazy :) LOL OK well I am but I actually have a condition called PCOS. It causes my body to think that i need every last drop of sugar and fat and stores instead of breaking it down. Well after finding this out I went on medications and with the hope get it under control, well those meds made me very sick, I began to loose my hair and have some, well let's just say i was sitting for a long time in the bathroom :) Well I had to come off the medications and tried a bunch of weight loose programs. I lost weight with Nutrisytem and was very happy with the results the only thing was it cost 400.00 dollars a month, so we stopped. I then went on to try south beach (yeah didn't get far with that one), then on to Ali, yeah another waste of money I kept forgetting to take the pill. So after trying the diet way, i have decided to make the big step and have weight loss surgery. Yes some might think that its the easy way out, but I'm sick and tired of being this heavy and caring all this around on my bones and joints and want to be here for my future child. If i don't do this it could take more years and longer and it will keep me further away from being pregnant. I have already started the process. I went to the medical doctor on September 15, it went really well, and i just went to see the phys/counselor on September 24Th. The next steps are to see the nutritionist and the exercise counselor and then go through 4 weeks of behavior modification classes and then to meet with the surgeon. You may ask well what are getting done are you getting done gastric or lap band? Well after careful thought i have chosen to have the Lap band. I would rather something that can monitored and adjusted vs cut and reconnect organs. So hopefully we will have a surgery date in the next month or so. We will keep ya posted :) thanks love ya all........Lisa

No comments: