Here is another update on things family and friends might care to know.
1st. The wonderful side effect caused by my trashed hormone system known as depression has been affecting me for months now but especially over the past few weeks, Its gotten to a point were I’ve noticed myself becoming more and more distant and disinterested in things I once enjoyed. I know you might ask… If I’m aware of this why have I just let it happen? Why haven’t I sought treatment?Well, because I was instructed to stay off my normal treatments in preparation for the research treatment that’s been getting postponed over and over threw out this past year. Now I’ve gone nearly two years without the proper treatment of my condition and it’s been a hell of a ride. I think the worst of it was this month on the anniversary of my mothers and brothers deaths.Lisa and I had talked about my current mental state and decided we had enough of false hopes and treatments that keep getting delayed. Last week we decided to call the research dept at mass general hospital and drop from the Kallman’s program and to start me back on my normal replacement therapy medication.Oddly enough the same day I was set to send notice to the research group pulling myself from the program, I received news from them explaining that the medication was now available and their treatment could be underway in as little as two weeks…Well it’s about damn time! Maybe it’s just another stall tactic, who knows? I’m starting to think their research is really based on the effects of causing high hopes and then stalling a full year to measure stress levels… Anyways I guess this is good news but I’ll let you know what happens in two weeks!
2nd. Mondays Movie was 88minutes! A very good mystery thriller! 4 out of 4!
3rd. I started listening to a new audio book this week called “Brisingr” It’s the third book in a series about fantasy dragons and magic.
Other than that, everything is the same for Lisa and I. Have a great Week!
No comments:
Post a Comment