September 18, 2008

Update for Sept 18th

The following is a few events from the past week that others might consider worth mentioning.

1st Lisa had her first consult with doctors about her weight loss efforts, she tells me everything went well and the doctors have given her some guidelines to meet, such as loosing 25lbs with the help of a nutritionist and counselor. We’re both excited about her starting this process as it is one of many first steps to our healthier future and parenthood.

2nd Monday was movie night at my place again. Rather then costing my buddies extra cash for take-out dinner I decided to treat them to dinner and a movie. I cooked up some chicken strips and a pot of my famous “Mustgo” short for “Must go down the throat” It’s basically a cheeseburger macaroni but everyone seems to really enjoy it. The food and movie went over well; my choice for this week movie was “30 Days of Night” a gory vampire flick set in an Alaska. The last few months of movie nights have been filled with action, guns, thugs, cops, and gangster, I wanted to change things up a bit and expose my friends to the kind of horror movies I enjoy. It went great and this movie received praise from 3 out of 3, (yeah only 3, we had and empty chair this week)

3rd This event actually happened late last week but I just wanted to thank Uncle Joe and Cousin Bob for helping Lisa and I with her exhaust problem, I have since purchased and installed the new gasket and replaced the needed bolts with some nice stainless steel bolts and lock washers. That pipe is not going any where now. I also wanted to thank you for the hot soup and willingness to help when Lisa and I arrived with a broken exhaust and dripping went from trying to fix it in the rain.

4th Wednesday Lisa found our dog running around loose in our yard free from the harness we keep on her. She called me from work and told me about it… When I got home I went out and found the pieces of the harness. To my eye the harness looked cut as if someone has taken a knife to the harness and cut it off the dog. I looked over the dog and found no cuts or scraps on her… I don’t know what happened but were going to have to start watching our backyard to ensure we don’t have something serious happen to our dog.

Other then that life is status quo:Lisa is still working at the day careI’m still working at LH Still no word on my treatment with the research group, I’m about to give up on that!

No comments: