As an adult these forms of entertainment aren’t automatically setup with tickets and transportation handled for you. On more then one occasion Lisa and I have seen ads for shows, plays or whatnot on TV and talked about going to see them but it always seems because of money, time, or other reasons we’re never able to go. Several months ago Lisa surprised me with and early Christmas present. She bought us tickets to a show that has been running in Boston for several years, one I’ve expressed and interest in seeing many times. This past Saturday Lisa and I attend “Blue Man Group” at the Charles St Playhouse.
Its amazing how much comedy can be expressed without speaking, A lot of the comedy was in their movement and their eyes, which was very easy to see since we were sitting a mere 5 feet from the stage! The theater provided plastic ponchos to protect the audience from paint splatter but I guess we were lucky because even being so close we didn’t get a drop on us. Several of the skits during the show were just hilarious and had me rolling in my seat. When the show was over we got to take a quick photo in the hall with one of the performers who stayed in character the whole time and like a mime gestured his communication. It was really awesome of Lisa to surprise me with this. The show was great and just reinforces my thoughts that Lisa and I should make an effort to see more. If anyone ever has I chance to go see this show I highly recommend it. This show is a great example of artistic/comedic entertainment.
No comments:
Post a Comment