Another month and another trip to the doctors. I've now been injecting myself with the trial medication for two months. I was told today that my levels are right were they should be and that I'm getting the right dosage amounts... Woot! that's good news I guess.
The last two months I've had to have blood drawn and shipped to Boston every week... Now that we are at the 2 month point I get a break from blood drawn needles and only have to have blood drawn once a month... Woot! More good news.
Now for the not so good and kind of scary news... Two months from now I get to repeat my overnight blood draw study and have surgery for a second testicular biopsy. Let me tell you the first one was not pleasant... See my picture... Look at my face...That's the look of a man who knows his privates are going under a knife, That's the look of fear!![]()
In 2 month my medication changes and with any luck after 6 months on that medication Lisa and I just might be able to start trying to make a baby because by the time the medication kicks in on me Lisa will have had her WL surgery and been dropping weight for a few months... Its looking like 2009 is going to be a very busy and important year for the Greniers. To reinforce that, Jan 1st Lisa and I had a talk. We both agreed that our weight loss really has to more or a priority and goal for us both... It was kind of funny because as we were driving home we said our good byes and waved so long to all our usual fast food restaurants . We've both sworn off fast food and are now cutting all junk food from our diets. Our only exception to this is my aunts apple pie! LOL
According to the doctors scale I lost a few pounds last month but I'm not happy with only a few pounds... So here is my target... I currently weigh 312lbs Yes I'm that heavy, Sigh! My goal for the next three months is to lose 20lbs a month reaching 252 by March 31st then I'll see were I'm at and reset my goals.. I will be posting my current weights here on the blog every Saturday...Positive comments and words of inspiration for both Lisa and I will be appreciated and will go a long way in keeping up our spirits!
No comments:
Post a Comment