This past Saturday was my birthday, As my great aunt pat put it, I turned 35 years young. I woke thinking the day would pass like any other. However on Saturday morning I got up, Got dressed and then headed outside to start some yard work. As I was walking out the door Lisa stopped me and called me into the kitchen. When I got there she surprised me a gift card, a card, and a Lemon cake with lemon frosting that she baked herself.Later after I finished my work outside we decided to take a trip to best buy to use the gift card. With it I got a couple of movies. Which reminded me I wanted a small dvd shelf for my room in the basement. We checked the Christmas tree shop, and then had lunch at IKEA. We didn’t find a nice little shelf I was looking for but Lisa and I had a great morning together.
After leaving Avon we decided to swing threw Brockton and visit my family. As always they were very welcoming, they invited Lisa and me to stay for dinner but since we had plans to watch my sister-in-laws kids later we couldn’t. In the time we had we all went out and had ice-cream at friendly’s Thank you guys so much! It was great spending that time with you guys.
Turns out the all important reason we left Brockton got canceled and we could have stayed… I’ll admit I was a bit upset. I don’t get to spend much time with my family and I was rushed away for nothing. Lisa and I ended up heading home. As soon as we got home my buddy Jared called and we ended up meeting up with him and his wife for the evening. It was a very busy birthday! So busy I didn’t even get to try my Lemon cake until 1am Sunday morning.. It was Yummy!
I also wanted to thank everyone who sent me the cute on-line comments and greeting cards. Thank again everyone. You all made my 35th birthday a great day!
No comments:
Post a Comment