October 10, 2008

Look at This!

Things are a moving and a shaking over here and it's about damn time! First a shameless plug for our new blog design! What do you think? Ever since I realized I could edit the sites html code I've been tweaking away! Grenier Blog 2.0 is now On-Line!

Also I just wanted to chime in on my thoughts about Lisa's weight loss surgery. Lisa and I are both nervous and excited about her surgery, things are moving faster then I expected. I've always been wary of the idea of weight loss surgery. But I've been by Lisa's side and have watched her try over and over, only to fail and get discouraged. While I'm nervous about her surgery, I'm relieved that the method she choose is much less evasive then others and adjustments can be made quickly if needed. That's important to us. We both feel the extra support she will be given by the medical staff will be just the kick start she needs. Maybe even the kick WE need, I know once she starts losing a few extra pounds it'll kick start my motivation to work out and lose some myself! However my condition doesn't help my own weight issue either. In fact, I tend to gain weight when not taking my treatments. But there's more good news: Lisa and I received word from MGH about delivery of the delayed medication! It was explained MGH should have this medication onsite as soon as this Monday! Woot! With any luck well be scheduling an appointment to pick up my first batch very soon. I'm eager to not only see if this treatment method helps Lisa and I become parents but I'm thankful to have this chance to help MGH learn about my condition and maybe someday use what they learn to help others similarly afflicted.

Good news all around! Here's hoping come this time next year, Lisa and I will be lean, mean, baby making machines! (At least all the practice will be fun!)

No comments: