October 30, 2008

Mark it down folks!

Yesterday was an important day in the lives of Parnell & Lisa! Once again Lisa and I found ourselves bouncing around Boston hospitals yesterday, but for once we didn't leave Boston feeling like we wasted our time. Two very important things happened,

The first was Lisa and I met with one of Lisa's weight loss doctors to discuss her new workout schedule. She now has an official doctor recommended fitness routine that she seems very motivated to start and stick too! We're asking for everyone's help and moral support as she starts down the road to her weight loss surgery and her new dedication towards dieting and exercise.

The second hospital visit was for me. After many trips into Boston, A painful biopsy, and nearly eight months of delays I finally received my instructions and first month's supply of medication from the research group at MGH. I took my first injection under their supervision last night.

Last night I was lying in bed waiting for sleep I thought about us finally taking the first steps towards having a child of our own and for the first time feeling like we might really have a chance. Maybe I'm getting my hopes up to much. It would be a devastating disappointment if things don't work. But I don't want to think that way. I can't think that way right now. For the first time in a long time I want to be positive. I hope I can give Lisa the support she deserves.

I woke up this morning with the most energy and in the best mood I've been in a very long time! Is it my high hopes or the medication doing its job? Either way I like it!

No comments: